||Commensurate with experience
||8:00am – 5:00pm
|Years of Experience
|No. of Vacants
||BA in Computer Science or related area
- Must possess excellent teamwork abilities; be able to consistently make intelligent decisions under pressure; possess good judgment, initiative and good attitude.
- Solid communication skills, strong critical and analytical thinking skills, and appreciation of diversity.
- Database programming skills
- Expertise in Store Procedures programming
- Expertise in High Availability designs
- Database Knowledge for Major Databases: IBM DB2 v 7.2 or higher; Oracle 9i or higher; Informix; MS SQL 2000 or higher.
- Database administration on heterogeneous environments (Windows, Unix, Linux, etc.)
- Must speak English and Spanish fluently.
- Be able to maintain knowledge of standard concepts, best practices, and procedures within a particular field.
- Responsible for the performance, integrity and security of a database.
- Assist in database designing Backup and Restore strategies.
- In charge of updating and amending existing databases.
- Setting up and testing new database and data handling systems.
- Monitoring database efficiency and sustaining the security and integrity of data.
- Designing and implementing databases in accordance to end user’s information needs and views.
- Defining users and enabling data distribution to the right user, in appropriate format and in a timely manner.
- Determine, enforce and document database policies, procedures and standards.
- Perform tests and evaluations regularly to ensure data security, privacy and integrity.
- Monitor database performance, implement changes and apply new patches and versions when required.